Hair Flair

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Now that I am more excited about my hair looking good, I have been on the lookout for hair accessories to complete my wedding look. I decided long ago I didn’t want to wear a veil. I am just not a veil type of girl. Plus my dress isn’t something that needs a veil or major accessory. I am thinking simple earrings and a small flair hair piece will be perfect.
Sarah Jessica Parker has made hair flair on your wedding day a major trend for the Modern Brides. This gorgeous blue feather not only satisfies the need for hair accessory, but also contributes to the age old, “Something Blue.” SJP combines a major hair accessory and a veil, but I’m just not that trendy.

Feather head pieces don’t have to be quite as extreme as the blue Carrie Bradshaw feather. There is a simpler feather hair pin:

or a luscious white feather poof:

I have kept my eyes out for something feathery like these and preferably blue. I saw something that I thought would be perfect at Hats in the Belfry downtown Annapolis. My bridesmaid, Jen, manages the shop and I pick up shifts there from now and then. They had this small hair clip in turquoise straw and turquoise and yellow feather wisps. I noticed the clip one day when I stopped in to say hello and the next time I came in it was gone. Bummer.

Two weekends ago, I was scheduled to work for a few hours on Sunday. When I went in Sunday morning, I noticed a bag of hats in the backroom that had one of these turquoise hair clips sitting right on top. Written on the bag was “Shannon”. I thought to myself “Could that be for me?” I waited for the other sales girl, Ashley, to come in and asked if she knew who that bag of hats was being held for. She had no idea. I anxiously waited two more hours for Kelsey to come in and asked her. She said that a guy named Shannon had put them on hold yesterday, but he never came back. It was a sign! This was destined to be mine!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!!

May 16, 2010 at 6:43 PM
Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say this is such an awesome story. Congrats on this weekend!

June 26, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Post a Comment