Wedding Brick

Monday, August 16, 2010

I understand that this blog title might be confusing, so let me explain. As you know, Evan and I were married in Detroit, the underdog city. Detroit is working very hard to try to rebuild their city and their reputation and one of the major projects going on is the expansion of the Detroit River walk. As part of this expansion, donors can sponsor a brick that will be part of the River Walk.

My mother and mother –in-law bought us a brick as a wedding gift!

Last week, my in-laws were traveling through Detroit and made a stop to see if they could find our brick. And lucky for us, they did! I am surprised that it is in place so quickly and excited that our wedding date is stamped on Detroit for good.

1 comments:

Tbone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment