The Dress

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

(Oscar De La Renta)
For most brides, the dress is one of the most important aspects of the wedding. They spend hours trying on dress after dress. I've seen those Bridezilla shows. I know what goes on at a dress fitting. There is almost always a meltdown at the dress shop. Mothers and daughters can't agree, the bridesmaids get bored and act annoying. I am so happy that I don't have to go through all of that. Don't get me wrong, the dress is very very important to me and I always love a shopping day with my girls. I simply do not have to stress about a dress. At least that is one thing that I can mark of my list of wedding things to stress about.

I feel that I need to announce officially that my brother is making my dress. We were supposed to talk dress at the Engagement Party a few weeks ago, but things were really hectic, so last week I sent him this email:

So I know you are busy, being on Oprah and everything, but when is it going to be all about me? lol I'm kind of kidding. Actually, I wanted to talk dress, since I don't know when I will see you again. Here are the pictures of the dresses that I would like to inspire my dress....

Not many girls can email their dress designers with dress-spirations when ever they feel like it. I am a very lucky bride. The little joke in this email came from something my brother said right after he won Project Runway. He told Sweet Pee (fellow PR Contestant) "My sister better not get engaged or anything because this year is all about me." Well, he had 2008 and 2009, so I put dibs on 2010! He can have the spotlight back in 2011.

(imagine this in white, from my brother's new collection as seen on Oprah!)

(imagine this longer and in white, also from my brother's new collection)

0 comments:

Post a Comment