Michigan Trip

Monday, November 2, 2009

Being an out of town bride can be a little tricky. I am finding this out as I am planning my "Destination Detroit" wedding. When picking wedding vendors, we have to go off of who has the best website or who sent me enough spam mail for me to notice. We also have to do most of our communicating through email. That can makes things a little tricky. Fortunately, our venue, the DSO, has recommended some wonderful caterers that they work with on a regular basis. But for florist, photographers, djs and everything else, we are kind of on our own. We do know some people in the area that have given recommendations, thank goodness. It is still a bit tricky trying to narrow those down from afar.

To my excitement, we are headed for Michigan this weekend and have a million meetings scheduled. We will meet with florists, caterers, photographers, look at hotels, seek out things to do in down town Detroit and scope possible wedding picture sites. We will also be testing out transportation via shuttles and airport service companies. That is a lot in 4 days. Oh yeah, and did I mention we are also visiting family in the Detroit area and in Grand Rapids? It is going to be a whirl wind trip. I can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment