Hair Excitement

Monday, April 19, 2010

I was having major hair dilemmas last week. My hair is longer than it has been since I graduated from college, my color had faded and I was just not feeling like myself. I started to think more about what I wanted to do with my hair for my wedding day look and was feeling quite overwhelmed. You see, not to brag, but I have had some really awesome hair styles in the past few years. My stylist is amazingly talented and for at least the last 6 years, I am used to having people ask where I get my hair done. That puts some pressure on a bride who happens to work for a hair salon and who has a history of award winning (literally) hair cuts.

Hair Style from 2005

I was seriously stressed out about my hair problems and to make matters worse, I was having a really tough time finding hair inspiration in Bridal Magazines or on Wedding blogs. I do not want to wear my hair in an up-do style for my big day. I know this is going to sound odd, but I am really self conscious about my long neck. I know many women wish to have a long slender ballerina neck, but as a former ballerina, I don’t want to look like I am performing Swan Lake at my wedding. Does that make sense?


Hair Style from 2006

Hair stylists that I work with were telling me that I had to find a style where I felt like myself, not like a person dressed as a bride. My problem was I couldn’t visualize what “looking like me” would be. I was seriously thinking about telling my stylist to chop it all off and just go as a short hair bride. Thank goodness I didn’t go through with that.

Hair Style from 2006

I had my appointment last Thursday and vented my frustration to my stylist and good friend, Jamie Sugg @ Bubbles in the Annapolis Mall. She said, “Of course you don’t feel like yourself, your color is totally faded.” Then after a very short lecture about not washing my hair every day, we decided…I am going to be a funky bride. My hair is usually funky in real life, so why try to get conservative for the big day? Jamie as usual created a beautiful look with vibrant color and didn’t cut one inch off the length. I feel like a new person and am really excited for my look on my wedding day.

She said straight to me, “You don’t have to worry about what your hair is going to look like on your wedding day. That is my job.” Isn’t she the best?!

Picture from 2010!

0 comments:

Post a Comment