Fittings

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I know I have disappeared for a bit, but I’m back with good stuff to share. We are officially in count-down-mode. Today is June 1st, 25 days until the wedding. OMG, is an appropriate way to express how I feel about that. But you don’t want to read about my mini-anxiety attacks, you want to read about dresses, right?!

As of last week, I had not seen or tried on my wedding dress. This would make some Bridezillas totally insane. It made me a little crazy, but I had faith that my brother wouldn’t let me walk naked down the aisle. The dress simply wasn’t finished because 1) I changed my mind about what dress I wanted and 2) the skirt was being made in India and they had to wait for it to get to New York. I dreamt of what the dress would be like, but until this weekend, I couldn’t know for sure.

Saturday, I met my dress. Evan and I took a quick trip up to NYC (on the Bolt Bus for $22 each one way, deal!) The dress is so big, that there was no way my brother could bring it to Maryland and then back to NYC and then get it to Detroit. Evan patiently waited in the office, while I tried on the most beautiful wedding dress ever made. It was a perfect fit! No alterations needed! I barely knew what to do with myself in the dress. I felt like running down the street, but I wasn’t really sure how I was supposed to walk. It looked even better than I dreamed.

I know you are probably waiting to see pictures, but a girl’s gotta keep some secrets ;) So to give you a little something to hold you over, here are some shots from the bridesmaid fittings…


My brother came down on Sunday so that my girls could try on their dresses. I took their measurements months ago during our pom pom party, so I was pretty nervous that if they didn’t fit, it would be my fault. Fortunately, there were only a few alterations that needed to be made and they weren’t anything major. The color looked beautiful on all the girls, the length looked great. We decided that some of the girls would have a draped sleeve(s) to make the dresses look a little different. I am so happy with how they turned out. All the girls are going to look beautiful!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, CAN NOT WAIT to see your wedding dress!!!

June 8, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Post a Comment