Color Palette

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Picking wedding colors has been a really challenging task for me. I have a really hard time visualizing how the colors will come together, so I keep changing my mind. I have two pieces that are non-negotiable when it comes to colors, my glass bluebirds that will decorate my tables and a bouquet that I fell in love with in a bride magazine. I tore out the page and forgot which magazine it came from (hence the horrible scanned image).

I originally thought this orange/blush color floral would be really nice with bright green, hot pink and maybe some yellow touches thrown in. Sunset colors, was what one florist called this color palette. I was going with this until Evan made a comment that I always pick those colors. “I do?” I thought, and then he gave the example of my living room and our Christmas tree. Ahhh! I can’t have my wedding colors match my living room!

I needed to alter the plan, but that bouquet is staying no matter what. So I think I am editing them down to orange/blush, bright green, cream and possibly periwinkle. I really liked how the periwinkle table cloths at my engagement party offset the cobalt blue that is similar to the color of my birds.

I keep going back and forth to see if this blue will look nice in the space at the Max. Or maybe a more champagne color for the table cloths? I will definitely have gold chiavari chairs, because we are using those for the ceremony, so the table cloths have to go with gold chairs. Does anyone have a recommendation on what is the best way to pick wedding colors?

0 comments:

Post a Comment