Bridesmaid Dresses

Monday, December 14, 2009

One of my big tasks for recent my New York trip was to convince my brother to make my bridesmaid dresses. I picked two dresses right from his studio collection and he couldn’t say no. Now my side of the bridal party is dressed! He is such a good brother.

I have five bridesmaids and went back and forth deciding if I wanted them all in the same dress or in different dresses. I finally decided on two dress styles in the same color that should be flattering on all my girls. One of the dresses is right off the runway of his fall collection. It is a Satin-faced organza draped one shoulder dress with bubble skirt. He suggested that we change the bubble skirt to an a-line to be more flattering on a “real women”.

The other dress is a very simple strapless satin-faced organza draped dress. Again, he suggested an a-line to make all the girls look like they go together.

For the color, I am going totally away from my wedding color palette. I am in love with the teal color of the dresses in his studio. I got great advice from a recent bride when talking about colors. She told me that everything really doesn’t have to match. Why would you want your bridesmaids in the same color as the tablecloths? I have taken this to heart recently since I have been really struggling with my tablecloth choices. I am so excited that the dresses for the girls are chosen. Now I can sleep well and dream about shoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment