Wedding Dress Consultation

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

As I mentioned on my blog, Mom and I headed to New York this weekend for a two day trip to spend some time with my brother and have a wedding dress consultation. Monday, we went to my brother’s studio to try on dresses! I had already sent him pictures of dresses that I liked and he had put together a couple sketches.

I got to try on a handful of dresses from his most recent collection to see different style bodices, dress styles and get an idea of a fit. I tried on one of my favorite dresses from the collection, the Satin organza side-ruffled cocktail dress in Oceanic print. I tried on two dresses that were recently shown on Oprah, the Black tiered chiffon dress and the Satin-faced organza draped flounce gown, which is going to be the inspiration for my dress. My dress is going to be essentially this dress (first and last dress shown), with the side panels removed so that it is straight. It is going to be white with ivory flounces. I can't wait to see it in real life!



0 comments:

Post a Comment