Paper Flowers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am in love with my new paper project. I found this idea in the most recent issue of Martha Stewart Weddings. They are flowers made from decorative paper and floral wire. I plan to use these flowers to decorate various tables, like the favor table and gift table at the reception. I still need to find some white flower vases to use for these mini-arrangements. They are a lot of fun to make. I might just make some to decorate the apartment. Here’s what you do:

1) Cut out 5 heart shapes (recommended to use a craft heart punch) and cut out 2, ½ inch circles
2) Roll each heart around a pencil to curl the paper
3) Lock the five hearts together in the valley of the hearts
4) Glue the circle cut out to the back of the hearts to seal them together
5) Wrap floral wire with white floral tape and bend into curly shape
6) Poke floral wire through the second circle cut out and glue to the back of the paper flower

0 comments:

Post a Comment