Bridal Shower

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First I want to say thank you to all of my readers and friends who have sent lovely messages over the last two weeks. I know that everyone is dying to here about the BIG DAY, but unfortunately we will all have to wait a few days for me to get those posts going. We just returned from our amazing honeymoon in San Francisco, Calistoga and Napa, California. We are unpacking and settling back in to life. Back to work tomorrow. :( But I hate to leave everyone with no news. So, I give you my Bridal Shower recap!
I find myself remembering fondly the past few weeks of bridal love from my wonderful friends. I am very fortunate to have accumulated a wonderful group of ladies who have supported me in many aspects of my life. It was really nice to be able to share all of this wedding excitement with them.
One of my best friends in the world and my longest friend of life, Jill Barber, planned the most wonderful Bridal Shower a girl could ever ask for. Every little detail was perfect. She had a very creative theme planned for the shower, “Around the Clock”. She sent invitations with a picture of a clock and each guest was assigned a time of day and told to bring a gift that represented that time of day. It made things a lot of fun without silly bridal games. My guests picked gifts that were personal and clever, gift sets for a picnic lunch for the mid-day hours, gift baskets with all the things for a perfect morning of sleeping in for the morning hours, adorable PJs from Mom and of course the nighttime attire that only my dancer friends would know would have me turning shades of purple from embarrassment for those late hours.
Jill knows that I am not one for games, like making a wedding dress out of toilet paper, so she picked a couple quick activities that were fun for a group of women all ages. She had a trivia game to name famous married couples and a “who knows Shannon best?” activity that I even had trouble answering all the questions. I think my Mom won that one. She did a beautiful job of making it the perfect mix of classy and casual. Literally, some of my guests left with notes for future showers that they planned to host.
Jill’s parents hosted the shower at their house and prepared all the food and desserts. Mrs. Barber used to have a pastry business and is known for throwing great parties. Since I was a little girl, I have been going to parties at the Barber’s house. Jill and I would run around and grab for goodies when grown ups weren’t looking. My favorite of all of Mrs. Barber’s desserts has always been her cream puffs (mini-éclairs). When I was around 10 years old, I ate 10 of them at one of these parties until I was discovered and shooed away. I am pretty sure I was sick from all the deliciousness. At my shower, I could have as many as I wanted! But, it was hard to focus on the cream puffs when she had 4 other mouth watering desserts displayed including a tiramisu cake. Guests are still talking about those desserts.

It was a wonderful day with great friends. I couldn’t have asked for a better kick-off to the wedding whirlwind that would ensue in the following weeks.


Wedding recaps coming this week. I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you.

July 7, 2010 at 7:29 PM
Wendy said...

Some people invest on their bridal shower but it is not necessary. We identified a list of 99 scavenger hunt topics and posted them on shirts, it was an awesome way to get everyone involved! We found lots of amazing ideas on this web page if you are searching to save time…
www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com

September 4, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Post a Comment