Wedding Recap: Part 5 – The Photographers

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I received a lot of advice from people while wedding planning, but one of the things that stuck out in my mind was something my friend, Jenn Mapp, said to me right after her wedding. “Get a great photographer!” She told me this as her wedding was being featured on Style Me Pretty and in Weddings Unveiled Magazine. The photos of her wedding day captured the beauty of her day in a way that took you right back to the feeling of the day. I knew I wanted that.

One of the main reasons I hired a wedding coordinator was to recommend me a great photographer and that she did. Chris and Michelle Gerard of Inspired Art Portraits are two of the most talented people I have ever met. And they are just great people in general. We visited their studio in Ferndale, Michigan on one of our planning trips and were thoroughly impressed. These two are true artists with their craft.

There were two major things that I had not expected about our photographers. Number 1, they had our pictures from the engagement session up online for us to view less than 10 hours after the photo shoot. Same goes for the wedding pictures. Michelle had posted on facebook, an amazing assortment of photos from throughout our wedding day the day after the wedding! It was so nice to be able to immediately share pictures with people who couldn’t be at the wedding. Not something your average wedding photographer can do. (I don’t think she sleeps.) The second thing I was surprised by was just how amazing the photos turned out. I had seen their work before and knew how talented they were, but it was incredible to see the wedding day through their lenses. Everything was even more beautiful that I had remembered and that is an amazing feat.

More amazing photos coming this week. Stay tuned!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Evan, that picture with Jim in the background is ghostly and amazing... you're right... he's right up there with the greatest men you'll come to know. very very cool. like a guardian.

July 25, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Post a Comment