Out of Town Gift Bags

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I am very excited to report that the tote bags we ordered for our out-of-town guest gift bags have arrived from Vista Print! I am also excited to report that I am in love with them. They are so adorable, I can hardly take it! (I know I am a little bias and have a problem with cuteness.) The print on the totes is from our save the dates, designed by the amazing Ann. The bluebird is a theme throughout the wedding and I am really excited for it to be included on the bags. We printed the totes one sided so that people can choose “wedding side” out or in, when they use these for non wedding related functions.

I have a general idea of what we will put in the bags, but I may need some additional preparation to get all the items together (and get them to Michigan and get the items in the bags.) Here is what I’m thinking I would like to include:

A Map for the People Mover so that guests can easily find their way around the city.
Crosswords or Word Puzzles to keep people busy during down time.
Assorted snacks to keep the hunger away.
Water (possibly with a wedding label) to keep guests hydrated.
If we want to get a little fancier we might consider including items such as these:

Scented Candle to keep the room smelling fresh.
Sleeping Mask to keep the sunrise over the Detroit River from ruining much needed beauty sleep.
Fuzzy Slippers, just because.
Most likely we will keep it simple. But wouldn’t it be funny to see Uncle Terry walking the halls of the Marriott in a pair of fuzzy slippers like these babies?

Picture Source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7