Cake Stands Purchased!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This weekend I went ebay crazy. I was searching for and bidding on cobalt blue cake stands in various sizes to use for our wedding cakes. As you may have read here, we are not having a traditional tiered wedding cake, but instead having multiple cakes on beautiful cake stands. To my excitement, I was able to get all the stands that we need through various sellers in one weekend. They will all be arriving in the mail this week! That means a lot of trips to the leasing office since the delivery guy doesn’t like to walk up to the 4th floor.

I was really happy that I was able to find four different cobalt blue glass cake stands. Who knew there would be such great variety? I bought two 11 inch stands in the same style and three 9 inch stands, all different designs in various heights. These are a little small for wedding cakes, but with all five cakes displayed on our cake table, they will look beautiful. We will be using one of the small cakes as our cake “topper” and plan to keep the tradition of freezing the topper to eat on our first anniversary. I’m thinking that the topper will go this stand, it is 7 inches tall which will make it the tallest stand of the set.

I am feeling really happy about getting the cake decisions finalized. Last weekend, while we were in Michigan, we discussed and decided on the cake flavors with our wonderful cake artist (and friend) Kim Munro. I am really excited about the variety we will have. We decided on four flavors, lemon cake with raspberry filing and butter cream frosting, red velvet cake with cream cheese filing and frosting, carrot cake with cream cheese filing and frosting and chocolate cake with caramel pecan filing and butter cream frosting. Yum.

Also arriving this week will be our cake toppers! They are being custom made by an Esty seller, modeled after these toppers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment