Pom Pom Party

Friday, March 12, 2010

I’m back!!! Sorry for the little break in posts for the past week and a half. I was suffering from a little blog-burn-out due to some disappointing news about my application to blog on a “real” wedding blog. Needless to say, application denied, but no worries, I’m feeling much better and am really excited that I have a lot of planning progress to share.

This week, I invited all of my bridesmaids to come over to help with the pomander craft project. (I lured them with the promise of pizza, but what can you do?) As you may remember, my first attempt to make this tissue paper delight took me 4 hours for one puff! Even after two weekends of being snowed in, I still only had 7 of them completed. I figured, 12 hands are better than 2, so I called on my girls and they came to my rescue.

It was really nice to catch up with everyone since our schedules never allow the recommended weekly serving of girl time (kind of like vegetables). This was a good project because even though we were busy, we could still chit chat and catch up on all things girlie while we worked. All my girls and my Mom came over after work and we measured, cut, folded, twisted, fluffed and stuck until we made a whopping 5 pomanders in about 3 hours!

I was so busy working that I didn’t remember to take any pictures, but thank goodness for Jessica, Evan’s sister and my bridesmaid, who came all the way from Michigan and also took the only two photos at the pom pom party. Great job, Jess!

I think for the most part everyone had a good time working as my tissue paper slaves. I still have 8 more of these babies to make to reach my goal of 20 pomanders, but I think I can handle that rather than subject these girls to another night of orange tissue trauma. I have much bigger plans for my last few months of can-you-help-me-I’m-the-bride-power. They will be wishing for pom poms….mua ha ha ha.

**Just kidding my lovely bridesmaids, I don’t really have more projects for you (yet) I love you all very much. You are the best!

2 comments:

Fletch said...

Screw those uppity bastards and their twobit wedding blog!!!

March 13, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Shannon said...

lol, thank you, Fletch!

March 14, 2010 at 6:57 AM

Post a Comment