Wedding Shoes

Monday, March 1, 2010

I am totally a shoe girl. When I was in high school, my Dad would take me and my brother to the Annapolis Mall every Wednesday and we would pick out a pair of shoes for me and an action figure for my brother. I never wore the same pair of shoes, two days in a row throughout all four years of high school. (Yes, I realize that I am a spoiled princess.) To give you a reference, the Spice Girls were popular during this period of my life; therefore I had a lot of platforms sneakers and knee high boots. Please, don’t judge me harshly. They were very in at the time.

Now that I am grown up (and it is not the late 90’s) my love has turned to stilettos and designer heels. Knowing all this, it is no surprise that wedding shoes are really important to me. A girl’s wedding day is a day that she can easily rationalize an insane expense for shoes that will definitely not be comfortable and probably never come out of the box again.

I have been on the blogs looking for shoe inspiration since the day after my engagement. I’ve come across many beautiful shoes, but hadn’t narrowed it down to “the one” pair for me. Manolo Blahnik, Vivienne Westwood, Christian Loubitan, Jimmy Choo, the list goes on. Well my search has ended with a surprising result….

My little brother made me wedding shoes!

Have you ever heard of wedding shoes by Payless? Probably not, because these babies are one of a kind! My brother has worked with Payless on his last three runway shows. He designs the shoes for his runway show, Payless produces his designs for Fashion Week and then they interpret his high fashion (and insanely high heels) into designs to be sold in their stores. The collaboration has been a very successful one and the Payless people are really great. They send me and my mom shoes every season and even sent a wedding gift from our registry.

My brother asked them to produce one of the designs from his most recent collection in ivory and a pair in orange (my wedding color). They even kept the surprise from me while I was trying on all the shoes backstage at the show. My Dad however is not as good at keeping secrets. I told him I planned to look at shoes in the big department stores while we were in NYC and he said, “Well, maybe your brother will have that taken care of.” Dad! You are lucky we aren’t still making those mall trips. And even so, I was totally surprised. I had no idea that Payless would make two pair of shoes just for me. These shoes can be found on no other feet than mine!

(Please, excuse my feet, I am in desperate need of a pedicure)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

SHAN! I am obsessed with these shoes and so wish your tiny little feets were just 1.5 sizes bigger ;)

April 16, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Post a Comment