Honeymoon Hotels

Friday, February 26, 2010

Yesterday I was looking at my wedding checklist, provided by my wedding coordinator. I seem to be on schedule with most of the items that are listed for the 4 month out mark: Order Stationary Components, check, Reserve Florist, check, Reserve Wedding Day Transportation, check, Finalize Registry, check, Order Favors, check, , Review the Budget, (yuck) check. One item was still left for January/February 2010 and that was this:

REMINDER: B & G, all honeymoon arrangements need to be finalized!!

That is a fun one! So after I got home from work, I got busy so that I could put a big fat checkmark next to it. Without further ado…I just booked our hotels for our honeymoon!!! California, here we come.

In case you are wondering why that hotel(s) has a plural at the end of it, let me explain. I couldn’t pick just one, so we will be moving around a little bit during our week long honeymoon. We are staying two nights in San Francisco, two nights in Calistoga and two nights in Napa. I know, I know, it is not the typical tropical honeymoon, but that just isn’t us. So instead, we will get a little city life, a good amount of wine country and many many bottles of wine.

All of my hotel selections came from online searches, so I hope that none of these are flops. I had a horrible experience a few years back when I travelled to Italy. I booked all my hotels through a travel site (to remain nameless) and when I got to Venice, the hotel I had booked and had paid for had been closed for months. No one knew how it was even possible to get a reservation at that hotel since no one had been inside since they shut. So there I was, in a foreign country dragging my bags through Venice trying to find a phone to call the US 800 number to change my reservations.

Live and learn. For our trip, I booked all the reservations through the property websites and I will be calling to confirm with a person before we go. Here is where we will be spending the first week of our marriage…..

Hotel Union Square - San Francisco



Pink Mansion Bed & Breakfast - Calistoga



Napa River Inn - Napa


Source

The most interesting thing that I found when booking these hotels was that each one of them listed “luxurious bathrobes” as an amenity. I don’t know that I have ever been to a hotel that had luxurious bathrobes in the rooms. This is going to be a big splurge. The best part will be the pink bathrobes at the Pink Mansion Bed & Breakfast. Evan might look a little something like this…

0 comments:

Post a Comment