Wedding Cake(s)

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I am a big fan of cake. At the last wedding I attended, I ate 3 pieces. How do I make sure that my cake cravings are taken care of on my wedding day? Multiple cakes! Instead of a tall tiered cake, I plan to have several smaller cakes. I’ve seen these beautifully done on many a wedding website.


I think the success of this multiple cake look is all in the cake stands. I got a little ahead of myself by purchasing two cake stands on ebay months ago. I did this before having a conversation with our friend who is making our cake or really doing more research to see if I can find matching stands for a better price. I bought these blue cobalt glass stands because I am a big fan of cobalt glass and I loved the etched glass look. I even performed a cake experiment to see what a cake would look like completed on the stand.

Not to shabby.

Even after this successful cake experiment, I am drooling over these stands:

Source






These adorable cupcake pedestals from Pottery Barn have nothing to do with our wedding cake display, but they are so darn cute, I had to share them.

I took another look at ebay this week to find that there are more of the cobalt glass stands that match the two that I purchased. I could very easily purchase the matching pieces to my set. The only other challenge that I have now is the size of these stands do limit the size of the cakes that we can have. I am not buying anything else until I talk to my cake girl. Did you buy anything too soon in the planning?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cake work is awesome!! I hope one day I'll be able to decorate like this!

Cake Stands

May 15, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Anonymous said...

Hi
Please can you tell me where I can purchase the cake stands above?
Thanks

September 3, 2011 at 5:22 AM

Post a Comment