Accessorizing the Ladies

Thursday, February 18, 2010


Since I have been spending a lot of time thinking a lot about the styling of our wedding party, I figured I would continue my search for the perfect bridesmaid look by picking out accessories. I don’t consider myself an expert on accessories, but I do know that they can make or break an outfit. Necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings, pendants, shoes, bags, scarves…the list goes on. How much is too much or too little?

For the moment, I am leaning towards gold accessories, earrings and shoes to start with. I think the gold accent will look nice with the teal/turquoise color of the bridesmaid dresses. I like a dangling earring, but studs look nice when hair is pulled back. I am planning to let my girls decide how they want to wear their hair, so we may have to have a few options and make final decisions last minute. Should everyone wear the same earrings or can they be different? This is a decision I think I will have to make on my own. My lovely ladies are much too sweet to give a real opinion. They love everything! I like a delicate earring. Not anything too heavy that will be uncomfortable or distracting.

Some of my favorite Internet finds came from Banana Republic, Athropologie and on Etsy.

Hoop Golden Shadow Swarovski Crystal Earrings
$27.00 - Etsy

Coin Earrings
$29.50 – Banana Republic

Room To-Grow Earrings
$32.00 – Anthropologie

Baca Hoops
$28.00 – Anthropologie

Gum Paste Earrings
$24.00 - Anthropologie

Did you pick out jewelry for your girls, or did you have them accessorize themselves?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want an opinion - I'll give ya one.

I like a dangle. Studs don't work for me because my holes are uneven. The first hole on my left side is significantly lower than the one on my right side and a stud looks stupid in that ear. That's why I have a second and third hole on that side, and only a second hole on the right. It's also why you never see me in studs.

But that's just me.

February 20, 2010 at 6:59 PM
Jessica said...

The first set, hoop golden shadow, would be lovely paired with the Nine West Ribbon shoes. The last set, gum paste, speak to the garden nymph in me. *wink*

March 6, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Post a Comment