Runway to Bridesmaid

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Not only had my wedding dress come to be questioned at Fashion Week, my bridesmaid dress decision was starting to flutter in the back of my mind. There were so many amazing dresses walking down that runway, I kept thinking to myself, “Could that be a bridesmaid dress? Would that look good on the girls? Should I wear that to the rehearsal dinner? Would that one look good in white or orange or teal?” Sometimes it is tough being the sister of the designer. I don’t want to be greedy or difficult, but if there was ever a time to be demanding, my wedding would be it. I am seriously torturing myself with the possibilities.

This dress was a WOW when it walked out. It is very similar to one of the bridesmaid dresses I already chose from a previous collection with the obvious added fabric bundle on the side for an added style factor. It is a beautiful dress, but would this bundle drive the girls crazy when they were trying to let loose to Love Shack?

This one strap dress is also very stunning. I love it in this navy color, even though that would never work for my summer wedding. This is the Fall collection after all. I could totally see myself wearing this dress to a fancy dinner in Napa on our honeymoon.

Source (for all photos)

My final favorite for possible bridesmaid dress was this little flouncy number. Again, love it in the blue and love it with my flounce wedding shoes. I think this dress would look fabulous on the girls, but I don’t know if it would be a bit much. My mother always warns, “Don’t make them look too good, it will distract from the beauty of the bride.” I want my girls to look their best, but the flounces might be distracting.

Although it is fun to fantasize, I think I will stick with the original picks for the girls. This dress from the Spring 2009 collection in the teal/turquoise color and the strapless side gathered dress in the same color. The girls will look beautiful no matter what, but it is fun to see the dresses come from runway to wedding aisle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment